“ I have information available involving fat loss that is real, works nearly everytime , nearly everyone I know has tried it, and is an incredibly healthy way to eat. I’m sure you’d like me to explain wouldnt you?”
WHAT COULD IT BE!!!!!!?????
The answer is chopsticks. I know you may think Im crazy but think about what I asked you… Not just a tool for eating but a tool that CONTROLS HOW YOU EAT!!!! Hold your horses and remain enthused as I will try to keep the visuals in this feast for the eyes very powerful!
There is so much out there in the fields of dietetics, food psychology, biochemistry etc that talks about food and what it does for us. Frankly most of us know what it does.
- Proteins help build repair tissues. There are Essential Amino Acids needed to be obtained from foods.
- Fats help build hormones and help build cellular structures. Some are Essential Fatty Acids needed through your diet. They also can cause inflammation or they can be anti inflammatory in the right amounts.
- Carbohydrates are the most easily accessible for for glucose (fuel) for our body and brain. This is not meant to be a boring paper on bioenergetics and how everything works in your body but a way for the normal person to understand easy ways to control energy intake.
I feel that the two thin chopsticks are one of the most powerful things out there for a proper fat loss / weight maintenance eating lifestyle.
Think about it. How many incredibly overweight people in asian countries do you see? Im not talking people who have switched to the western diet of WacDonalds and other fast food places. Im talking natural cuisine such as thai, vietnamese, chinese, japanese etc. Lots of Chopstick use. Look at the other countries that use fork and spoon such as the U.S. , England etc. One could argue that the types of food are different but there are PLENTY of fried dishes with lots of carbs and lots of fat (oil) used in preparation in the countries that use chopsticks.
OK , Now why will this work Joe?
- The most powerful reasoning I have for using chopsticks to aid in your fatloss is that it causes you to EAT SLOWER. This alone can be beneficial in many ways. Eating slower causes your blood sugar to rise slower. It takes your stomach near 20 minutes to signal to your brain that it has received a bolus of foodand signalling cholecystokinin (CCK) to tell our brain we have eaten something and to be satiated so that we wait longer to eat again . How many Chipotle burritos can you eat in that time period. 1? 2? i know for a fact I can eat over 1500 calories of a large burrito in less than ten minutes. Maybe 5 if I felt that it was the end of the world after a hard training day. What do you think happens to you blood sugar levels with a 100 or so gram carb and 1000 + calorie glycemic load?? It rises fast!! Think about now what time it would take to eat that same amount of food with chopsticks. First of all there would be no need for the doughy burrito wrapper, but i wont get into that. Think about the beans and the salsa and the chicken chunks that you would have to carefully articulate into your mouth with the two 10 inch sticks.
- Eating slower causes you to taste more of the foods. Our tongue has tastebuds that sense multiple flavors for a reason. Eat tart, bitter, sweet, sour etc foods in your meals . American Food is bland and has nearly one taste. its called Salty. Sweet goes well with that and thats usually why people say they need a sweet after dinner. No one NEEDS a dessert the size of a 500 calorie cheesecake slice. but your tricking yourself into thinking you do by not having any sweet taste in the meal itself. Thisnk about how hard it would be to eat a cheesecake slice with chopsticks! Asian desserts are usually much smaller. Mochi ice cream for example. It has multiple different textures. Chewy, Sweet, HEck they even make some out of red bean and green tea. My two favorites of course because they are subtle. We need to have all tastes in the meal along with multiple textures . When we go for a long time without certain flavors we crave them. Im telling you its true. Look at the people who eliminate sweet and salty for months at a time. What happens They binge. You need a stable blood sugar for energy throughout the day without crashes. This goes back to the EAT SLOWER point.
- Eating slower with chopsticks enables us to pick certain parts of the meal to eat first. Why is this good? whats easy to get with chopsticks are chunks of protein, chunks of fibrous veggies that arent cooked to mush and smaller bites of starchy carbs such as noodles and rice. We have time to put the fibrous veggies in first with the protein source which can slow down the rise in blood sugar that you would get from just the carbs by themselves. You also get just a little bit of sauce on the food for flavor not for caloric consumption. The way it was meant to be. You can scrape a plate or bowl clean with a spoon when it would take a VERY LONG time with chopsticks. Here is another visual How many people do you see at all you can eat buffets that are very overweight eating with chopsticks??? Thats what i thought. Now picture going to Golden Corral and everyone eating with chopsticks. Do you think there would be some changes in the next few months?? Chopsticks are not hard to learn you must be patient though and that brings us to my next point.
- Norepinephrine. We do not relax when we eat. we scoop down sauce covered food such as rice and noodles without even chewing. We eat Hot pockets and other crap in a rush out the door to make it to work. I hear people from 14 o 54 saying they dont have 5 -15 minutes to spare in the morning to relax and make a healthy breakfast for themselves. You know What i have to say in return? GO THE HECK ( per tom c) TO BED EARLIER. 15 minutes earlier whatever. We watch the evening news or play video games while we eat. All of these things cause our minds and sometimes physical being to be stressed. Under stress (sympathetic fight or flight) our bodies slow down digestion. Under constant work related stress we can develop chronic digestive impairment. Relax when you eat your meal. laugh with your friends and family. breathe deep. Do not eat stressed. Use this time to nourish and repair yourself. Be grateful for the nutrition that is making your body what it is.
- Eating slower can help you to savor foods. think about how easy it is to eat popcorn by the handful during a movie. Most people have a problem stopping. Eat that same time with chopsticks. You will realize you can taste much more than just salt and butter. It will last you longer. You wont need that giant COKE or Diet Coke to do along with it when your done. Water will taste much better.
- Think about the layout of American /western foods verses asian. Western Diet at a restaurant starts with bread to “hold you over” skipping salad and veggies and coming to an abundance of carbs in the main course with some sugary junk drink or sugary alcohol.. terrible idea. most of you filled your gas tank with the bread carbs long before you got to the main course. oh whats that you say You NEED DESSERT??? BS. Now lets see Asian restaurant = Small salad , perhaps miso or soup , protein and veggie based meal with a less processed carb source such as rice water and or tea. What sounds better as far as fat loss. Chopsticks to slow all of this stuff down as well.
- I am a fast eater. Fast yet clean. Chopsticks slow my favorite meal down to near 30 minutes. Bi Bim Bap is a korean dish with veggies, protein and a fried egg on top. (Check out Riverside Korean in Covington kY..) Sometimes i never even make it to the rice. It is a large portion of fibrous nutrient dense food. It takes me 3-4 times longer to eat my Bi Bim Bap than it does to eat a chipotle burrito with near over double the calories. How its that for blood sugar regulation and satisfying my ghrelin and leptin!!!
- Seratonin. A neurotransmitter that is realeased in the gut as well makes you feel good after eating . Concentrations reach a max 1-2 hours after meals. this can literally condition people to want more food to feel good. Hence food addiction. Take your time to eat and you will stay satiated and feel good longer .
- Chopsticks put you closer to your food. you have a more intimate relationship with it. Im not telling you to put it down your pants but its true. you can feel what certain foods do for you when you slow down and eat with chopsticks.
So what do you think?? I really think that people who use chopsticks all around are leaner happier and less stressed.
I want to issue a challenge. No matter what you eat this month on your nutrition plan for fat loss use chopsticks. Maybe not shakes but even if its Quest protein bars cut em up and use chopsticks. Ii can almost guarantee in a month you WILL see results. Who wants to join me??!?! HERE IS THE CHALLENGE SIGN UP PAGE ITS FREE TO ANYONE on Facebook !!!!!
If you dont want to lose fat ou can always do the opposite …….. GAIN IT WITH TIPS HERE below…